Peterson Transportation Inc. is an Owner Operator base company. Owner Operators are the back bone of the trucking industry because of the pride they take in their jobs, equipment, and safety of all others!
At Peterson Transportation Inc., we take pride in Customer Service with our On Time Delivery by our courteous and reliable owner operators. We operate in forty eight states and have great rates for our owner operators based on the great service we provide.
Come join a great team!
Owner Operator Recruiting
PTI- Peterson Transportation, Inc or PTS- Peterson Transportation Services (Brokerage)
- TCH fuel card available, with weekly cash advance
- Insurance and Registrations on weekly settlement, beginning after 3rd week
- Currently we have no restrictions on Tractor as long as it passes DOT inspection in our designated shop
- Meet all Federal Motor Carrier Qualifications (which includes, but are not limited to, FMCSA part 391)
- Have a valid Commercial Driver License with proper endorsements in state of residence and have no current license suspension or revocation.
- No convictions for a “serious or disqualifying traffic violation” within the last three (3) years. A “serious or disqualifying traffic violation” includes the following:
- Excessive speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 15 m.p.h or more above the posted speed limit
- Reckless driving, as defined by state or local low or regulation, including but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of person or property
- Improper or erratic lane changes
- Following the vehicle ahead to closely
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or failure to report an accident
- No more than two moving violations in the past twelve months; no more than four in the past three years
- Have no preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle within three years.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years experience operating tractor/trailer equipment.
- Has an acceptable history of roadside inspections over the past three years, citations/warnings over the past three years, and crashes over the past five years (per FMCSA?s Driver Pre-Employment Screening Program (PSP))
- Must be at least 23 years old.
- Must have a stable job history over the past ten years
- Must maintain a neat, clean cut image of a professional truck driver
- Must express and conduct self in a positive manner
- NO PETS ALLOWED due to customers rules
Compensation under our authority
- 72% revenue with truck and our trailer
- Plus fuel surcharge
- Weekly settlement, direct deposit
PTS Compensation- (Drivers that have own authority)
85% revenue pulling your trailer.
- Insurance Requirements Required
- $1 million general liability
- $1 million auto
- $250 thousand cargo
- Peterson Transportation Services listed as Certificate Holder
Insurance under our authority
- Cargo and Liability Insurance paid by PTI
- Comprehensive, collision, and license plate provided by PTI but reimbursed by Owner/Operator
- Steel, lumber, and specialty equipment
- Mainly range from Midwest, East, and South, but we are licensed in all 48 states for the benefit of all of our Customers
- We have drop and hook trailers at some locations
Pay / Settlement:
Payday is every Friday, after the first two weeks. Payroll is direct deposit.
Minimum Equipment needed:
Lumber Tarps (8 foot drops)- 1 set
Steel Tarps- 1 set (no holes and must be able to cover 50 foot)
4’ Straps (12)
Chains and Binders (10)
Dunnage- 6 to 8 pieces of hardwood
2” straps (2)
Coil Racks (6)
Coil Dunnage (12)
1 Oversize Kit- must purchase O/S kit through PTI, or it must be approved by PTI
Tractor- neat in appearance and must pass DOT inspection by PTI authorized shop